Not One More Child in Arapahoe County
The coalition is made up of hospital workers, educators and school officials, heath experts, child welfare professionals, attorneys, nurses, church and community leaders, members of the Coroner’s office and law enforcement officers just to name a few.
Together, we share our resources and stay connected to create a successful child welfare system in Arapahoe County because no singular agency can do the work alone in preventing child abuse and neglect.
Report Child Abuse and Neglect in Arapahoe County to 303-636-1750 or 1-844-CO-4-KIDS
If you believe a child is in immediate danger, please call 9-1-1. If you have concerns that a child is being abused or neglected but is not in immediate danger, please call our 24/7 hotline at 303-636-1750 or 1-844-CO-4-KIDS. Your report is anonymous and confidential.
Commitment to education
The coalition focuses on education and networking in the community. Members attend quarterly meetings to stay connected with various events and seek opportunities to collaborate efforts and key messages with other organizations. Key interests include:
- Domestic Violence, Substance Abuse and Addiction Awareness
- Healthcare Education
- Family Resources
- Public Awareness and Education
2018 Facts coming soon
2017 Child Protection Facts
- Arapahoe County received 25,281 calls to the crisis hotline and statewide hotline. (Calls about the safety and wellbeing of children, youth and at-risk adults, as well as questions about community resources, support services and issues not related to abuse and neglect).
- 11,579 Child Protection referrals were received.
- 811 Child Protection referrals to prevention services.
- 4,644 Child Protection referrals assigned for assessment.
- 87% of children involved with Child Protection Services remained safely at home or in the home of their relatives or kin.
- 68 youth were adopted.
It takes a community to support a family and ensure they don’t reach a level of crisis where a child may be harmed. Not one more child should suffer abuse or neglect in Arapahoe County. Not one more family should go without support. And not one agency can do this alone.
- 18th Judicial District Attorney's Office
- Advocates For Children
- Arapahoe County Coroner’s Office
- Arapahoe County Department of Human Services
- Arapahoe County Early Childhood Council
- Arapahoe County Sheriff's Office
- Arapahoe House
- Aurora Fire Department
- Aurora Housing Authority
- Aurora Mental Health Center
- Aurora Police Department
- Aurora Public Schools
- Children's Hospital Colorado
- Colorado Alliance for Drug Endangered Children
- Colorado Department of Human Services
- Colorado Positive Coaching Alliance
- Denver Indian Family Resource Center
- Excelsior Youth Center
- Families First
- Family Tree
- Gateway Battered Women’s Services
- Greenwood Village Police Department
- Inter-Faith Community Services
- Littleton Public Schools
- Mile High Behavior Health
- Shiloh House
- Sungate Kids
- Tri-County Health Department
- The Arc of Aurora
- The Kempe Foundation
- University of Denver
*To request more information or to be included in our mailing list, please Email Yvette Yeon, Communications and Community Relations Manager or call 303-710-3914.