Iliff Avenue Corridor Final Design
A Corridor Study was completed in February 2015 for the Iliff Avenue Corridor between Quebec Street and Parker Road. This study evaluated and identified improvements to transportation system mobility, safety, and reliability along the corridor. Water quality enhancements and storm water conveyance needs associated with the roadway infrastructure improvements were also evaluated and recommended.
Following the Corridor Study, Arapahoe County secured Federal funding for the design and construction of the recommended operational improvements along the corridor, some of which include:
- Four-lane Iliff Avenue corridor with acceleration/deceleration lanes
- Intersection modification
- Bike lanes and sidewalks between Rosemary Street and Dayton Way; multiuse path at east and west ends of corridor
- Transit stop enhancements
- Sidewalk/multi-use paths/crosswalk improvements
- Transit supportive programs
- Traffic signal progression optimization
- Signal detection/video monitoring
- Signal communication/equipment upgrades
For more details regarding the plans, see the list of corridor improvements.
- Beginning of design phase: May 2016
- Data gathering: Spring/Summer 2016
- Preliminary design: Summer/Fall 2016
- Final design and environmental clearance: 2017-2018
- Right-of-Way Plans and Acquisitions: 2019-2020
- Construction: 2020-2021
Stakeholder Outreach during Design
- Public Meeting – Oct. 13, 2016: This public meeting #1 served to review project history and present draft preliminary design and next steps. The meeting was held at The Potters House Church of Denver and attended by 80 community members. Graphics, presentation and comments are available here.
- Meeting #2: In lieu of a second public meeting, an updated design plan and list of improvements are available through the links above and direct coordination will occur with each impacted property owner. Comments are welcome at any time, and can be submitted to Leah Langerman.
In addition to the general public meeting, meetings were held with individual stakeholders and small groups as needed throughout the design process. If you would like to invite the project team to speak with you or your group, please contact Leah Langerman, Consultant Public Involvement Coordinator by Email.
Coordination with stakeholder agencies, including SEMSWA, City of Aurora, City and County of Denver, RTD, CDOT, and Denver Water also occurred.
Submit Comments and Questions
We appreciate your interest in the Iliff Avenue Corridor Final Design project. Comments and questions are welcome at any time and can be submitted to:
Consultant Public Involvement Coordinator
Leah Langerman, David Evans and Associates, Inc.
1600 Broadway, Suite 800 Denver, CO 80202
720-225-4651 | Email Leah Langerman